The Tie-Fast Knot Tying Tool
The Tie-Fast Knot Tyer is the best tool to tie Nail Knots, Blood Knots, Gryp Knots, Snell Knots and Uni Knots.
Made of one piece stainless steel, this tool enables anglers to tie secure knots in a matter of seconds!
Uses: The Nail Knot is an important fishing knot used to join two lines of different diameters and allows for line diameters to diminish down to the lures; it is very useful for attaching backing to your fly line, and your fly line to the leader and/or tippet.
Advantages: The Nail Knot makes a smooth compact knot that will readily pass through the guides.
Ensure that you moisten the knot (with water or saliva) before pulling it tight.
1. Hold the tool in the palm of either hand. Place the leader (or backing if that is what you are attaching to the fly line) between the guides, so that it lies on top of the metal pad and through the 2 tips. Run the leader at least 15cm beyond the tip of the tool and then hold it in place with the thumb of the hand that holds the tool.
2. Make 4 or 5 tight wraps around the tips of the tool working back toward your thumb.
3. Feed the tag end of the line under the coils just made and back out the tip of the tool.
4. With your thumb hold the coils in place on the tool and then feed the fly line end section into the tip of the tool under the coils and out about a half inch past the coils.
5. Hold everything in place gently and give a quick tug on the tag end of the leader. A quick tug is necessary for the knot to slide off the tool and onto the fly line. Make adjustments as needed and then tighten down the knot firmly. Lastly you should trim the tag end as well as the fly line close to the knot.
I’ve been teaching people for over 35 years and know how to make knots that don’t slip or break. I’ll give you step-by-step instructions that you will actually be able to follow, allowing you to master and remember how to tie all the fishing knots you’ll ever need to know. You’ll get it and do it right the first time…I guarantee it!